Gastroenterology focuses on the function and disorders of the GI system, which includes the esophagus, stomach, pancreas, intestines and liver.
providers work with you on digestive system problems using state-of-the-art procedures and equipment for evaluation and diagnosis.
They work closely with diagnostic and interventional radiologists as well as skilled gastrointestinal surgeons to provide comprehensive care for patients with gastrointestinal diseases.
MaineGeneral Gastroenterology's providers offer a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services including:
- Colonoscopy and upper endoscopy, with expertise in advanced technologies such as esophageal manometry and impedence/Ph probe testing
- Capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography)
- FibroScan of the liver
Our team includes physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners who work closely together to provide you with the best care possible.
- Fady Asslo, MD
- Joseph P. Charpentier, DO
- David W. Hay, MD
- Sakdhisapol Katanyutanon, MD
- Sean E. McGarr, DO, FACG
- Michael J. Saletta, MD
- Elizabeth Bailey-Scott, PA-C
- J. Emeline Emery, PA-C
- Bethany Gates, PA-C
- Deborah Martin, FNP-C
- Brea Swihart, NP-C