Urologists are experts in the study, diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the genitourinary system, including kidneys, bladder and prostate.
MaineGeneral provides the latest innovations in urological treatments, including a mobile lithotripsy service to treat kidney stones.
We were the first hospital in Maine to offer laparoscopic radical prostatectomy, a less invasive procedure to treat prostate cancer.
- Cystoscopy, urodynamics, stress urinary incontinence treatment
- GreenLight laser prostate surgery
- Lithotripsy, ureterscopy, laser surgery, PCNL (percutaneous nephrolithotripsy)
- Overactive bladder treatments, includin PTNS and InterStim
- Treatment for urinary tract conditions such as BPH, UTIs, interstitial cystitis
- Treatment of urologic cancers
- Treatment of erectile dysfuntion and male infertility
- Joseph Lopes, MD
Special interests include:
- Robotic and minimally invasive surgery
- Intravesical treatment for bladder cancer and overactive bladder