About the Next Step Needle Exchange
Making new, clean equiment available to people who use needles (syringes) to take drugs is a proven method of helping stop the spread of HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C.
For every used needle that you bring in, we will give you one clean needle. There is a limit of 100 needles per person, per visit at Next Step.
Anyone 18 and older who uses needles for drugs can register with Next Step.
Registration is free, easy and anonymous. Next Step serves anyone who lives in Maine.
- Free clean syringes and supplies
- HIV Testing: anonymous and confidential HIV counseling, testing and referral services
- You may qualify for a free HIV test
- 20-minute oral swab, no blood
- Overdose prevention education and outreach
- Safer sex materials
- Risk education counseling
9 Green Street, 2nd Floor
Augusta, ME 04330
Phone: (207) 621-3770
Resource Center: (207) 872-4102
Collect calls welcome.
Needle Exchange Hours:
Tuesday, 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 12:30 - 4:30 p.m.