MaineGeneral's Sports Medicine is a comprehensive, innovative health care program.
Based in Augusta, Manchester and Oakland, we specialize in the care, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of common sports-related injuries to athletes of all ages throughout the Kennebec Valley region.
Our team of professionals offers quick patient access, accurate injury assessment and comprehensive injury management to include physical therapy and occupational therapy.
We also provide timely and thorough communication with parents, coaches and athletes.
Our staff is available for area schools, colleges, summer and sports camps and recreational programs to:
- Help coaches and athletes develop training and conditioning programs
- Provide game or event coverage and evaluate and treat injuries on site
- Answer questions about sports-related injuries
- Conduct clinics and education sessions
- Work closely with injured athletes' family doctors and specialists to coordinate treatment and rehabilitation
- Provide complete rehabilitation follow-up to pave the way for a safe return to sports
- Design programs that meet each school's or team's unique needs
To contact the Sports Medicine Access and Response Team (SMART), call / text message (207) 877-4754 or e-mail SMART.
Call us directly or ask your primary care provider for a referral. If you have specific sports injury-related questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to e-mail our staff.