MaineGeneral Medical Center offers advanced surgical care, right here in the Kennebec Valley.
Our team of highly trained surgeons brings a wealth of reassuring experience to patients with a wide range of surgical needs.
Our goal is to advance care at all levels to make sure you received the highest quality compaassionate care from a family of caregivers you can trust.
We offer a full range of surgical services at the Alfond Center for Health in Augusta, and day surgery at the Thayer Center for Health in Waterville.
Commitment to Technology
MaineGeneral is one of only three medical centers in Maine offering the advanced da Vinci robotic system.
Robotic surgery is a form of minimally invasive surgery that offers improved visualization of the tissues and better dexterity of the instruments.
The benefits of robotic surgery include:
- Less blood loss and tissue damage
- Significantly less pain after surgery
- Less time spent in the hospital
- A quicker return to work and daily activities
Our multispecialty robotic surgery includes:
- Hysterectomies. We offer a range of minimally invasive hysterectomies, including laparoscopic, vaginal and laparoscopic-assisted vaginal.
- Urologic surgery. We perform robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy and kidney surgery for masses, including nephrectomy and partial nephrectomy.
- General surgery.
Our Surgical Services