At MaineGeneral, we believe you should have accurate information to help you choose a hospital or other provider based on the quality of care you can expect to receive.
You can learn about hospital quality and safety on the Internet from many sources. These include federal agencies, nonprofit and consumer organizations and health care accrediting agencies.
This section will help you compare MaineGeneral Medical Center with other hospitals in ways that are objective and measurable.
Please use this information to evaluate the care we provide and help you and your family make the best decisions about your health care.
We think we do an excellent job of providing the best in medical care. But don't take our word for it. Visit the links below to read publicly released reports about our level of care and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like more information.
Recent Patient Care and Safety Successes
MaineGeneral has earned recognition for achieving high levels of patient care and safety, including:
- The top grade of “A” on the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for Spring 2017. The grade uses 30 measures of publicly available data on patient safety and quality, taking into account medical error prevention and reduction of readmissions and infections, among other aspects of patient care.
- Ranking “Best” for effective treatments in Maternity, Blood Clot and Stroke care on GetBetterMaine.org.
- QOPI® recertification for the Harold Aflond Center for Cancer Care.
- Maternity & Pediatrics earned the national Blue Distinction Specialty Care designation, a program of the BlueCross BlueShield Association recognizing health care facilities that demonstrate expertise in delivering safe and effective, high-quality care.
- Becker’s Hospital Review recognizing MaineGeneral as being one of the top 49 hospitals in the country having a low readmission rate. MaineGeneral is the only hospital in Maine to make this list.
- Receiving four out of five stars, the highest ranking in Maine by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) in its star ratings for hospitals on the Hospital Compare website.