Welcome to MaineGeneral Surgery
, located at the Alfond Center for Health in Augusta and Thayer Center for Health in Waterville.
We provide state-of-the-art surgery services to people throughout the Kennebec Valley region.
Our team of surgeons has comprehensive experience performing general surgical procedures for many conditions.
Whenever medically possible, our surgeons perform minimally invasive
surgery - laparoscopic surgery - which requires smaller incisions than
traditional (open) surgery.
Our surgeons are also experienced with traditional (open) surgery, trauma-related surgery and critical care.
- Abdominal wall reconstruction and hernia surgery
- Breast surgery
- General and advanced minimally invasive surgery
- Minimally invasive cancer surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Surgery of the digestive tract and complex abdominal surgery
- Surgery of the liver and biliary tract
- Surgical critical care
- Vascular access procedures
Our Medical Staff
- Carlo Gammaitoni, MD
- Nanda Kumar, MD
- Sam Pakraftar, MD, MBBS
- Anita Praba-Egge, MD, PhD
- Kevin Price, MD
- Ian Reight, MD
- Katelyn S. Isaac, NP
- Erik J. Lickteig, PA-C
- Shawn McMahon, PA-C
- Carl Pierce, PA-C
- Jessica Richardson, FNP
- Maesie Wieler, ACNP
Our offices are open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.