Vascular surgery pertains to the vessels that carry or circulate fluids throughout the body, such as blood vessels and the lymphatic system.
Vascular surgeons at the Alfond Center for Health in Augusta and Thayer Center for Health in Waterville perform such surgical procedures as:
- Carotid artery surgery for the prevention of stroke
- Treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Treatment of thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Bypass surgery to save limbs
- Treatment of vein problems, including endolaser vein treatment, a minimally-invasive alternative to surgery for patients with large varicose veins. In distinct contrast to traditional ligation and stripping, endolaser does not require general anesthesia, hospital stay or recovery time.
We also treat a wide variety of non-surgical problems such as lymphedema, arthritis, occupational vascular disorders, coagulation disorders and problems with deep vein thrombosis.