Heart disease is the largest single cause of death among women. It is not a problem only men have to think about.
The good news is that many of the risk factors for heart disease can be prevented or managed.
Think about these factors and know your health:
- Do I get at least 30 minutes of physical exercise on most days of the week?
- Do I eat a healthy diet, including at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day?
- Do I know my blood pressure?
- Do I know my cholesterol?
- Do I have diabetes?
- Am I stressed?
- Does heart disease run in my family?
- Do I smoke?
- Am I overweight? Do I know my body mass index (BMI)?
- Do I know the symptoms of a heart attack?
To get help to lower your risk factors for heart disease contact your primary care provider or call our MaineGeneral information line any time of the day or night, toll-free at 1-855-464-4463.
MaineGeneral offers comprehensive heart care and rehabilitation services to help prevent and treat heart disease.