Many women choose to strengthen the mother-child bond and give their babies the best in nutrition by breastfeeding.
Our Maternal Child Health team can help you provide a wonderful beginning to a healthy and happy life for your baby.
All the encouragement and assistance you need to breastfeed your baby is available through our certified lactation consultant services.
As a designated Baby-Friendly Hospital, we offer one-to-one consultations, support groups, resource materials, workplace strategies and more to help you breastfeed successfully.
Our lactation services include:
- Certified lactation consultants Kelly Crotteau and Barbara Vellani, who are available seven days a week, offering personalized care and breastfeeding support groups that meet regularly at each campus. They can assist you before you have your baby, while you're in the hospital and by phone after you return home.
Simply call them at (207) 248-5229 to make an appointment.
- Breastfeeding and pumping rooms for the convenience of breastfeeding mothers.
- Prenatal counseling on breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding support groups
- A wealth of breastfeeding information
- A Women's Boutique featuring:
- Breast pump rentals and sales
- Breastfeeding clothing
- Custom-fitted nursing bras and accessories
- Books and supplies
- Feeding pillows
- Baby bibs and baby slings