Many women choose to strengthen the mother-child bond and give their babies the best in nutrition by breastfeeding.
Our Maternal Child Health team can help you provide a wonderful beginning to a healthy and happy life for your baby.
All the encouragement and assistance you need to breastfeed your baby is available through our certified lactation consultant services.
As a designated Baby-Friendly Hospital, we offer one-to-one consultations, support groups, resource materials, workplace strategies and more to help you breastfeed successfully.
Our lactation services include:
- Certified lactation consultants available seven days a week, offering personalized care and breastfeeding support groups that meet regularly at each campus.
- They can offer assistance before you have your baby, in the hospital setting and by phone after you return home. Simply call them to make an appointment:
- Augusta: Janet Sirois: (207) 626-1426
- Waterville: Cheryl Bean-Moody: (207) 872-1625
- Breastfeeding and pumping rooms for the convenience of breastfeeding mothers.
- Prenatal counseling on breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding support groups
- A wealth of breastfeeding information
- A Women's Boutique featuring:
- Breast pump rentals and sales
- Breastfeeding clothing
- Custom-fitted nursing bras and accessories
- Books and supplies
- Feeding pillows
- Baby bibs and baby slings